July 12, 2021 update:
Travelers entering Peru must present a negative PCR test issued 72 hours prior to the flight to Peru or an antigen test issued 24 hours prior.
June 28, 2021 update:
The use of a facial protector or shield is no longer mandatory on national and international flights arriving/departing Peru. Double masks is still necessary, as in other crowded public areas.
June 21, 2021 update:
Inca Trail will officially open on July 15. Authorized agencies are able to book Inca Trail tickets starting June 25. If you have questions or want to book your tickets, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 20, 2021 update:
New risk alerts are in place across the country starting June 21 through July 11. Lima, Callao Ica and other regions under high risk alert (nivel de alerta alto) will start curfew at 11am through 4am. On Sundays, personal car use is prohibited. See below for crowd capacity in public spaces.
Protocols For Flying Into Peru
The following protocols must be followed by all passengers to board international flights:
- You must present a negative COVID-19 PCR (molecular) test taken 72 hours before the commercial flight.
A negative antigen test issued 24hrs prior to departure is also accepted.
- Masks must be worn at all times inside the airport and aircraft.
- During the flight, all passengers must wear a mask. Latam recently started requiring a N95 mask for their flights
- International travelers arriving in Peru, once landed, must sign a sworn affidavit swearing they are arriving in sound health and that they will quarantine upon arriving at their destination in Peru. This can be done online then printed out. Below are tips for filling out this online form.
- Anyone traveler arriving into Peru with Covid-19 symptoms they are required to report the state, to be monitored, and quarantine for 14 days.
- There is not need for a Covid test before leaving Peru. It is up to each individual to meet the entry requirements of their destination country when leaving Peru. This may mean the first country you transfer flights at, not your final destination. You may be required to have a negative covid test within X hours of arrival at the airport of your connecting flight. It is your responsibility to determine that. Rapid result molecular covid tests in Iquitos cost /S 280 and results are available the next day. Antigen tests cost /S 80 and you can wait at the clinic to get your results. We will arrange a time to take you for your test if one is needed. There will be a /S 100 transportaton charge to take you from the center into Iquitos and back.
- Yes, this can be a bit confusing and difficult to precisely know what is required. The Hummingbird Center cannot stay on top of the entry requirements for every possible country. It is your responsibility to learn what you need.
Once in Peru, masks must be worn in all public places.
Tips For Filling Out the Online Affidavit
Click Here For Affidavit for Entry
Affidavit Needs to be filled out within 72 hrs of your arrival in Peru, not before.
At the bottom of the first Affidavit page is an option to switch to English.
If your country is USA, choose EE.UU from the country dropdown list.
- Destination Department = Loreto
- Destination Province = Maynas
- Destination District = Iquitos
For Personal Itinerary, Choose Lima, Lima, Air Transport, Departure date of your flight to Iquitos
Section If you are resident in Peru:
- Department = Loreto
- Province = Maynas
- District = Iquitos
- Descargar = Download
- Imprimir = Print
- We will not require masks at all times, but do encourage them when people will be close together.
- We will have alcohol based hand sanitizer available in all rooms and public places and definitely want people to wash their hands regularly.
- During ceremony people will be at least 10 feet apart.
- Facilitators will wear a mask when they approach people and when serving ayahuasca, but we will not expect people to wear a mask during ceremony.
- The medicine will be served in single use, disposable cups.
- We will have a quick read thermometer and check people's temperature daily.
Current address during Isolaton: Carratera Iquitos Nauta KM 14, penetracio 2.6 KM
Use the same information for Real Address After Isolation section.
You may leave blank the section "Indicate the people with whom you Will be accompanied in the insolation address".
Click Register. The next page will show your affidavit. There are two buttons at the top.
Changes at the Center for Covid 19
Due to how open our property and facilities are, we do not feel the need to implement strict controls at the Hummingbird Center during retreats.
Our public areas are spacious and it is easy to maintain distance when hanging out and still have no trouble talking with each other.
For the official Peruvian Government travel requirements in Spanish, Click Here
The US Embassy In Peru also has regularly maintained and accurate Covid19 information for Peru.
The Living In Peru web site also maintains updates about
Peru’s Covid-19 Policy