December 15, 2020 Update
Peru’s Minister of Transportation, Eduardo González, announced that international flights over eight hours would resume by December 15, including flights to/from these five European cities: Amsterdam, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris and London. He stated that there will be between 24 and 30 flights between Peru and Europe.
October 22, 2020 Update
Oct 22nd Peru announced that on Nov 1st flights from an additional 25 cities will begin. Additions include Toronto, Canada and the following US cities; Atlanta, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York and Orlando.
October 22, 2020 Update
A complete list of all cities can be found at this site.
On October 5th Peru officially opened its borders and resumed limited international flights to 7 countries and 11 cities in the region. At this time anyone wishing to enter Peru must transit through one of these cities, and you should confirm any flights you purchased do so.
- Guayquil, Ecuador
- Quito, Ecuador
- La Paz, Bolivia
- Santa Cruz, Bolivia
- Bogota, Colombia
- Cali, Colombia
- Medellin, Colombia
- Panama City, Panama
- Asuncion, Paraguay
- Montevideo, Uruguay
- Santiago, Chile
Protocols For Flying Into Peru
The following protocols must be followed by all passengers to board international flights:
- You must present a negative COVID-19 PCR (molecular) test taken 72 hours before the commercial flight.
- Masks must be worn at all times inside the airport and aircraft.
- During the flight, all passengers must wear a mask AND a plastic facial shield.
- International travelers arriving in Peru, once landed, must sign a sworn affidavit swearing they are arriving in sound health and that they will quarantine upon arriving at their destination in Peru. This can be done online then printed out. Below are tips for filling out this online form.
- Anyone traveler arriving into Peru with Covid-19 symptoms they are required to report the state, to be monitored, and quarantine for 14 days.
- There is not need for a Covid test before leaving Peru. It is up to each individual to meet the entry requirements of their destination country when leaving Peru. This may mean the first country you transfer flights at, not your final destination. You may be required to have a negative covid test within X hours of arrival at the airport of your connecting flight. It is your responsibility to determine that. Rapid result molecular covid tests in Iquitos cost /S 450 and results are available the next day. We will arrange a time to take you for your test if one is needed. There will be a /S 140 transportation charge to take you from the center into Iquitos and back. At current exchange rates of around /S 3.5 per $US, that is about $US 170.
- Transiting to the U.S. from Peru on commercial flights: When leaving Peru, travelers ARE NOT required to have proof of a negative COVID-19 test but must have no COVID-19 symptoms. This is only for entry back into the USA and does not refer to any intermediary countries.
- Yes, this can be a bit confusing and difficult to precisely know what is required. The Hummingbird Center cannot stay on top of the entry requirements for every possible country. It is your responsibility to learn what you need.
Once in Peru, masks must be worn in all public places.
Tips For Filling Out the Online Affidavit
Click Here For Affidavit for Entry
Affidavit Needs to be filled out within 72 hrs of your arrival in Peru, not before.
At the bottom of the first Affidavit page is an option to switch to English.
If your country is USA, choose EE.UU from the country dropdown list.
- Destination Department = Loreto
- Destination Province = Maynas
- Destination District = Iquitos
For Personal Itinerary, Choose Lima, Lima, Air Transport, Departure date of your flight to Iquitos
Section If you are resident in Peru:
- Department = Loreto
- Province = Maynas
- District = Iquitos
- Descargar = Download
- Imprimir = Print
- We will not require masks at all times, but do encourage them when people will be close together.
- We will have alcohol based hand sanitizer available in all rooms and public places and definitely want people to wash their hands regularly.
- During ceremony people will be at least 10 feet apart.
- Facilitators will wear a mask when they approach people and when serving ayahuasca, but we will not expect people to wear a mask during ceremony.
- The medicine will be served in single use, disposable cups.
- We will have a quick read thermometer and check people's temperature daily.
Current address during Isolaton: Carratera Iquitos Nauta KM 14, penetracio 2.6 KM
Use the same information for Real Address After Isolation section.
You may leave blank the section "Indicate the people with whom you Will be accompanied in the insolation address".
Click Register. The next page will show your affidavit. There are two buttons at the top.
Changes at the Center for Covid 19
Due to how open our property and facilities are, we do not feel the need to implement strict controls at the Hummingbird Center during retreats.
Our public areas are spacious and it is easy to maintain distance when hanging out and still have no trouble talking with each other.
For the official Peruvian Government travel requirements in Spanish, Click Here
The US Embassy In Peru also has regularly maintained and accurate Covid19 information for Peru.
The Living In Peru web site also maintains updates about
Peru’s Covid-19 Policy